ShockWatch® ShockLog 298 monitors and records shock, vibration, and environmental conditions experienced by any type of structure or equipment, whether in use, in transit, or in storage. With the capacity to record data for 870 events and 262,000 time slots, the device alerts you whenever damage may have occurred so you can respond promptly.
Optional sensors extend the value of your ShockLog by providing more intelligence about your environmental journey:
Tilt and Roll includes a record of tilt and roll data.
GPS records GPS positioning for every event and summary interval.
Radio Frequency (RF) allows you to transmit and receive information to an RF Base Station module attached to your PC.
- Records impact events; max peaks X, Y, and Z; gRMS; and internal temperature
- Sensors record direction, amplitude, and duration of impact force
- Field-proven triaxial piezoelectric accelerometer technology
- USB and iButton® data transfer options
- Self-contained unit design, free of cables and wires
- Programmable wake-up values for maximizing battery life
- User-definable warning and alarm levels
- LED lights for visual notification of alarms and warnings
- IP67-rated, RF-screened
- Up to 18 months of battery life
- Option to build temperature/humidity sensor into unit, or add a temperature/pressure/humidity accessory sensor
- Captures coordinates when event occurs at summary intervals with GPS (optional)
- GPS allows users, through hyperlinks, to pinpoint the exact location of an event and summary with the use of Google Maps (optional)
Control your ShockLog device through a simple Windows®-based software program. Clear instructions allow for quick deployment and easy data analysis. The ShockLog Report View provides an overview of the entire journey. Export data into programs such as Excel and MatLab for more detailed analysis.
The ShockLog software runs on a desktop or laptop PC using the Windows XP, Vista, Windows 7, or Windows 8 operating systems.
SHOCKLOG 298 SPECIFICATIONS
Operating Temperature Range
-40°F to to 185°F / -40°C to 85°C
4.8in x 3.1in x 2.2in / 123mm x 78mm x 55mm
1.1lbs / 515g (without battery)
Two (2) 3.6V lithium OR two (2) 1.5V alkaline size AA
Additional Error Other Ranges
+/- 1 to +/- 200G
Cut-off Frequency Options (Programmable)
10Hz, 40Hz, 50Hz, 90Hz, 120Hz, and 250Hz
Wake-up, Warning, and Alarm Threshold (% of Range)
External Power Source Option
4.5V min / 30V max